TICKETS AVAILABLE AT LOVIN’ CUP OR ONLINE HERE!
*UPDATE(12/13) – Secondary/Standing tickets only are available for this show (see seating policy below)
Lovin’ Cup Bistro & Brews is proud to present “The Music of Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas (and other Jim Henson favorites)”. Each year, an all-star lineup from several of Rochester’s favorite bands come together to pay homage to this beloved classic with an interactive performance of all its music along with audio and visual samples from the film, along with other classic Muppet songs as well. If you share our love of the magical world of Jim Henson and the wonderful music that came from it- or even if you’re a newcomer and just want to know why so many have come to adore it- we invite you to come see the show!
Featuring members of Maybird, The Moho Collective, The Honey Smugglers, The Niche, The Isotopes, Pleistocene, The Swooners, The Ruckus Juice Jug Stompers, Roc City Pro Jam and more!
About “Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas”…
In 1977, Muppet creator Jim Henson produced a one-hour television adaptation of Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas, a storybook by Russell Hoban. The story tells of Emmet Otter and his Ma, a widow who scrapes by on the small amount of money she gets from doing laundry and from Emmet doing odd jobs around their hometown of Frogtown Hollow. As Christmas approaches, they hear of a talent contest in the nearby town of Waterville, and separately decide to enter so that if they win, they can afford to buy nice presents for each other—a nice guitar for Emmet, or a piano for Ma. However, in a twist on “The Gift of the Magi”, they must sacrifice each other’s livelihood for their performances (Ma hocks Emmet’s tools to buy dress fabric while Emmet turns Ma’s washtub into a washtub bass for a jug band). The film features several amazing songs written by songwriter Paul Williams, who’d previously worked with Jim Henson on The Muppet Show and would go on to write all the songs for The Muppet Movie and The Muppet Christmas Carol; however, many fans agree that the music of Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas was the best work of his career.
Show time: 8pm
Ticket Price: $10 advance/ $15 day of show
LOVIN’ CUP’S SEATING POLICY FOR TICKETED EVENTS…
- “Primary Seating” ticket holders will receive first pick at the main area seating.
- “Secondary/Standing” ticket holders and those who purchase admission at the door may still come in early and order from the bar or the green room.
- At twenty minutes before show time, any unused seating will be offered up to the remainder of the audience on a first come/first serve basis (organized through a wait list).
- A ticket- whether “primary seating” or “secondary/standing”- does not guarantee you a seat.
- A limited number of reservations will be available for parties of 6 or more. Every member of the party must have purchased a “primary seating” ticket prior to the event. All other seating will be considered “community style”; meaning different parties may be sat together in order to maximize the most amount of seats for everyone.